Maria ten Kortenaar
- Maria ten Kortenaar lives and works in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Designed by Israel Davis
Israel Davis, Artist and Creative Director at Fundamental Formative Arts, and one of the original 10 Artaxis members, created this design exclusively for Artaxis. The design is inspired by Israel's own background and creative influences, including 1980's skateboarding designs and 1960's music album artwork. Each purchase of a t-shirt with Israel's design raises $15 for Artaxis, a 501(c)3 non-profit art organization.
Artaxis is the generous effort of a few highlighting the brilliant talent of many. I feel fortunate to be included in such good company and am thrilled to be able to give back to this valuable resource.
Anna Calluori Holcombe
Artaxis is a vital and vibrant resource. As an artist, it helps me reach out to an interested audience. As an educator, I can direct my students to the site to learn about high quality artists and their work.
Artaxis has become an important hub on one of the many wheels of contemporary clay, and I am not only honored to be a part of it, but indebted to it’s creators for their tireless efforts. I am compelled to support this resource as it supports me.
- "My work harks back to the shiny bright futurism of post WWII architecture and product design."
- "I use the animal figure to explore empathy and sentiency, and to challenge the perceived order and comfortable classifications of life."
- Élodie Alexandre is a ceramic artist and illustrator based in Himachal Pradesh, India.
Sophie Kate Curran
- Sophie Kate Curran is a Dublin based Fine Art Artist and Designer.